Monday, September 10, 2012

Doooodlin..


I'm still playing around with designs for this character, and when I like one I draw it for real to see how hard it's going to be to draw over and over.  This is a pose that's always been hard for me, so no reason to shy away from it, right?  I'm collaborating with another artist on the design, my fellow Ronin in crime The Liquid Lead.  It's tight to see how we're contrasting running with the ideas, and it'll be nice to see the amalgamation that comes from it.

The character is an ex-samurai out for revenge, so I wanted to throw some samurai gear on him to stress that, but I wanted him to look mobile too, and not weighed down by a full armor. And of course the hood, that's staying for sure.  I'm hoping to bring a lot of updates about the process I'll be going through while illustrating this, maybe we'll see some improvement together.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment